Top Ten Things to do in Oahu
1. Travel to the Hawaii Maritime Center, where you can find out all about Hawaii's thrilling maritime history, from the seafaring canoes, to the Matson steamships.
2. Come to Mauna Kea Street and see how the Hawaiian leis are constructed for use throughout the islands for welcomes and celebrations.
3. There are many arts and crafts fairs to be found at Kapiolani Park, Thomas Square, and Ala Moana Beach Park.
4. Drive the scenic Pali Highway for gorgeous views of Hawaii, stopping at the Nuuanu Pali Lookout for a true panoramic vista.
5. Visit Pearl Harbor to see the Arizona Memorial, built to honor the men who lost their lives on the first day of World War II, on the USS Arizona.
6. See how the first missionaries lived in Hawaii at the Mission Homes Museum.
7. Spend a blissfully serene time at the Valley of the Temples amongst the brightly colored peacocks that light up the amazing Hawaiian landscape.
8. Take a trip to Dole Cannery Square and learn all about the colorful history of the pineapple in Hawaii, through the excellent multimedia 'James Dole' story.
9. Visit the only royal palace on American soil at Iolani Palace, Queen Emma of Hawaii's summer palace!
10. See a traditional Hawaiian tiki-lighting ceremony and hula on Waikiki Beach at sunset, close to the statue of Duke Kahanamoku.
This are also good ideas and suggestions for our RIMPAC 2012 Partners / Visitors.