Top Ten Things to do in Oahu
- Travel to the Hawaii Maritime Center, where you can find out all about Hawaii's thrilling maritime history, from the seafaring canoes, to the Matson steamships.
- Come to Mauna Kea Street and see how the Hawaiian leis are constructed for use throughout the islands for welcomes and celebrations.
- There are many arts and crafts fairs to be found at Kapiolani Park, Thomas Square, and Ala Moana Beach Park.
- Drive the scenic Pali Highway for gorgeous views of Hawaii, stopping at the Nuuanu Pali Lookout for a true panoramic vista.
- Visit Pearl Harbor to see the Arizona Memorial, built to honor the men who lost their lives on the first day of World War II, on the USS Arizona.
- See how the first missionaries lived in Hawaii at the Mission Homes Museum.
- Spend a blissfully serene time at the Valley of the Temples amongst the brightly colored peacocks that light up the amazing Hawaiian landscape.
- Take a trip to Dole Cannery Square and learn all about the colorful history of the pineapple in Hawaii, through the excellent multimedia 'James Dole' story.
- Visit the only royal palace on American soil at Iolani Palace, Queen Emma of Hawaii's summer palace!
- See a traditional Hawaiian tiki-lighting ceremony and hula on Waikiki Beach at sunset, close to the statue of Duke Kahanamoku.
This are also good ideas and suggestions for our RIMPAC 2012 Partners / Visitors.